The Social Enterprise Council of Canada invites you to consider buying your gifts this holiday season from a social enterprise in your community. Across the country, there are ways to find social enterprises through directories and links. In the coming year, there will be a one-stop-shop for social enterprise listings registered with the BUY SOCIAL certification. This national certification is gaining popularity across the country.
Below are a few links to help you make your holiday shopping create greater social impact in our communities:
- BUY SOCIAL Canada (Nat’l): www.buysocial.ca
- Social Enterprise Online Marketplace (Nat’l): www.socialenterprisecanada.ca/en/purchase/nav/marketplace.html
- Ten Thousand Villages: http://www.tenthousandvillages.ca/
- Social Purchasing Portal (MB): http://www.sppwinnipeg.org/
- Center for Innovative Social Enterprise Development (OTTAWA): http://www.cised.ca/se-map
- Social Purchasing Project (TO): http://socialenterprisetoronto.com/members/business-directory/
- Cambio Market (TO): http://www.cambio.market/pages/about-us
- Buy Social Blog (NS): http://commongoodsolutions.ca/category/blog/buy-social-blog/
Consider bookmarking these links for the next time you are looking for a gift, or a product or service. The concept of social enterprise is that you can buy the quality items and services you need, and in doing so, you are supporting social value creation. Not charity, just converting your buying power into social good.
If you are a social enterprise, consider becoming a member of SECC, as we help promote social purchasing and social procurement across the country.
If we’ve missed a directory or a location to buy social in your region, please contact us with further information and we’ll update our records.