The Social Enterprise Council of Canada seeks to support a national ecosystem to promote social enterprise growth in Canada. However, this work is done in conjunction with many other organizations both regionally and nationally. Below are links to other relevant resources supporting social enterprises in Canada.
If you would like to have social enterprise support organization listed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tools and resources to start, grow or manage your social enterprise:
- Demonstrating Value: Combining performance monitoring with social impact evaluation in a compact and powerful communication tool.
- Social Enterprise Institute (SEI): Online training and tools for social enterprise development.
- Social Enterprise Sector Survey: Profiling the work of the Canadian Social Enterprise Sector
- Directory of Canadian Social Enterprises: Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada
- Innoweave: Online webinars about introductory planning concept and grant program for social enterprise development.
- BUY SOCIAL Canada :Tools to support social procurement and social purchasing
Great resources to learn more about social enterprise and social economy actors in Canada:
- Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNET) (National)
- SEE Change Magazine (National)
- Co-Operatives and Mutuals Canada (COOP Canada, formerly the Canadian Co-operative Association) (National)
- Socialfinance.ca (National)
- entreprise sociale (ON)
- MaRS Discovery District (ON)
- Le chantier de l’économie sociale (QC)
- BC Partners for Social Impact (BC)
- Province of Ontario Office for Social Enterprise (ON)
- Social Enterprise Ontario (ON)
- Community Sector Council of Newfoundland and Labrador (NFLD)
- Pillar Non Profit (ON)
Local or regional social enterprise support organizations:
- The Toronto Enterprise Fund (TEF) (ON-Toronto)
- The Centre for Innovative Social Enterprise Development (CISED) (ON-Ottawa)
- Le Chantier de l’économie sociale (Quebec)
- TRICO Charitable Foundation (AB)
- Common Good Solutions (NS)
- CCEDNET Manitoba (MB)
- enp BC
Financial and funding organizations:
- Ottawa Community Loan Fund (ON)
- St. John Community Loan Fund (NB)
- Community Forward Fund (National)
- Canadian Alternative Investment Cooperative (CAIC) (ON/QC)
- Canadian Alternative Investment Fund (CAIF) (ON)
- The Catapult Micro Loan Fund (ON)
Social Enterprise consultants: